1967 Triumph Trophy Bobber
Ben of Montreal, PQ, Canada, made available these pictures of his gorgeous 1967 Triumph Trophy Bobber which was fully restored. There's no escaping from the fact that this is a British Bobber: Ben Mills airbrushed the Union Jack all over the bike!
Ben: "Bobber TR6R 1967, 650cc with matching numbers. This motorcycle is a full and fresh restoration. All has been redone by Lemoyne Moto, PQ.
The engine was completely rebuilt from A to Z: crank, bearings, cam, piston, clutch and lots more. Electronic "Boyer" ignition and high output alternator.
Frame is powdercoated with bolt-on plunger section. Wheels powdercoated with stainless spokes. Forward controls all stainless."
British Bobber: 1967 Triumph TR6R Trophy
Ben listed the following specifics for his Custom Bobber:
• Frame year: 1967, stock, Triumph;
• Frame type: bolt-on plunger rear section;
• Rake: none;
• Stretch: a little in rear section;
• Other: powdercoat, matchnumbers;
• Forks: Honda CB750, not extended;
• Front wheel: 19 inch (100/90-19);
• Front tire : Bridgestone Spitfire21;
• Front hub: Honda;
• Front rim: Honda;
• Front brakes : disk;
• Rear wheel: 16 inch (Mt90-16);
• Rear tire : Maxxis whitewall;
• Rear hub: Triumph;
• Rear rim: Harley, powdercoat;
• Rear special : 1/4 inch stainless steel spokes;
• Rear brakes: drum;
• Bars: Drag bar;
• Fenders: Honda front / trailer back;
• Headlight: 6 inch round;
• Taillight: Limp;
• Speedo: Honda CB750;
• Front Pegs: stainless steel forward controls;
• Electrics: owner - minimal;
• Gas Tank: peanut, liner inside;
• Oil Tank: round stainless steel;
• Oil System: owner;
• Seat: Sparkly blue.
1967 Triumph Trophy TR6R Engine
Triumph TR6R Engine Specifics
Ben listed the following specifics for the engine of his 1967 TR6R Triumph Bobber:
• Year: 1967;
• Model: 2 cyl;
• Displacement: 650cc;
• Rebuilder: Lemoyne Moto;
• Ignition: Electronic Boyer;
• Alternator : Sparx Hi-output;
• Coil: Spyke starters;
• Lower end: Triumph;
• Balancing: Stock;
• Pistons: Little Over;
• Cases: Stock, epoxy paint inside;
• Heads: Stock (new);
• Cams: Triumph (new);
• Lifters: Triumph (new);
• Carb: Amal single;
• Air cleaner: Round;
• Motor Mount : Choppahead;
• Pipes: TT Pipe w/ baby muffler.
Bobber Oil Tank
Bobber Battery Box
A real oldschool leather strap holds the battery in place.
Headlight and Gauges
Bobber Forward Controls
Triumph Bobber - Rear End
The rear tire is a Maxxis whitewall on a 16 inch (Mt90-16) powdercoated Harley rim. The rear hub is Triumph, and 1/4 inch stainless steel spokes keep everything together.
Note the narrow rear drum brake!
That Union Jack on this British Bobber is a Ben Mills paint job.