1968 Triumph Trophy Bobber
Dan from Ingram, Texas, United States, made available these pictures of his 1968 Triumph Trophy Custom Bobber.
1968 Triumph Trophy Custom Bobber
This Bobber has a bolt-on hard tail that has been welded on and flared into the front half of the frame. The frame was then powder coated gloss black.
Triumph Bobber Rebuild Specifics
Dan listed the following specifics for his Triumph Bobber Rebuild:
• New rocker boxes with new rocker shafts and pin;
• Rebuilt head with new valves and guides;
• New pistons +.20 with cylinders honed to match;
• New cam shafts. Mega cycle brand, next step over stock;
• Transmission completely gone through;
• New clutch basket and Barnett clutch plates;
• New round custom oil tank;
• New handle bars;
• New GMA brake master cylinder for front brake;
• Rebuilt, very rare ARD magneto;
• New forward controls;
• Jockey shift.
1968 Triumph 650 Engine
The 650cc engine was rebuilt by RPM in Irving TX.
1968 Triumph Bobber Front End
This Bobber was fitted with new 39 MM Harley forks with new 21" front rim and tire, floating rotor with rebuilt Harley caliper, and Timken wheel bearings.
1968 Triumph Bobber Gas Tank
Triumph Bobber Rear End
That's a new 16"x3" Harley rim laced to a chrome Triumph rear hub. During the build new rear wheel bearings and seals were fitted along with new rear brakes and a chromed brake plate.
A Bobber's Tale... Maximum rubber!
Actually, this 1968 Triumph Trophy 650 Custom Bobber is currently for sale.
For more information:EBay Advertising
Or you can also contact Mary Jane at
Ranchers ATV & Tractor
3201 Junction Hwy.
Ingram, TX 78025
Email: " ranchers at hctc dot net "
Phone: (830) 367-3201